12.29.2008

My favorite new find

Well, at church lately we've been STRONGLY encouraged to get out homes in order. That means 3 days of water, 3 months of food, and 3 months of income. Well, I found this nifty website that does all the HARD work for you. Just click on baby-step 3 and go to the excel spreadsheet and fill it in. Before you do that, make a list of all the foods(meals) you'd eat for two weeks, I kept breakfast and lunch the same for the weeks and just changed up dinner. Add some snacks, drinks and desserts. then go to the spreadsheet and enter the info. Honestly It looked confusing, be sure to watch the tutorial video, clearly explains how it works. Ended up to be super easy.
I've been wondering how to get started for about two weeks now. Now I'm done, it took 2 hours to figure my meals and input the info, now I can spend time checking ads and coupons and go shopping for our 3 months supply. (Costco and caselots here I come!!!) Please if you still need to get this together for your family, check this out. It really helped me. Next it's on to 72 hour kits and emergency backpacks. Yeah!!!

No comments:

posts you might like