9.02.2011

Board & Batten Entry and New Mudroom

Well, It's about time.  I've had paint color cards up on my walls for about 3 months now and finally I've done something.  I finished the Board & Batten in my entry and semi-completed my mudroom. 

Board & Batten Entry
I will post another photo very soon with my table and chair back in place.

{the command center}
 
the blank white board will be our chore chart
the cork board, whiteboard and office organizer can be found here
the rectangle magnet board is found here
now, just need to get baskets for the cubbies and find a new home for the wire magazine rack


Daily System calendars can be found here 
I absolutely love my calendars{actually all my daily system}.  I once heard that they weren't that efficient at saving time since you have to re-write each month out.  I just love the clean, neat look of them instead of a cutesy calendar that needs to be replaced every year.  Besides, if our plans change it's pretty simple to erase and reschedule.

Still need to trim out the back of the benches and finish installing the baseboards and molding on the columns.
My original plan was to board & batten the mudroom as well.  After many drawings and months of waiting, i decided it was better to not install it since I needed to hang many items on the walls.  I finished painting the coat racks this morning and as soon as they're dry I will install them and take more pictures.

note: I did not pay retail for the daily system components.
Good shopping habits that started 4 years ago attributed to my great finds.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I love it! I may need to pick your brain so I can do something similar in my home! I love you paint color too!

Joie said...

Awesome, Brooke! You have come a long way since your shopping days in college. :) I'm so proud. It looks great and you are so talented.

Jen said...

I love those crisp clean lines!! You have a beautiful eye for design. Love the results!

posts you might like